Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Stay At Home Round Robin 2024

 I'm going to join in with this year's Stay At Home Round Robin. It's time to choose a beginning block, and I have it narrowed down to 2 possibilities.  The link below has instructions and information.
https://quiltinggail.com/2024/01/15/sahrr-24-centre-block/


This is one option.  It's about 14" square, and is applique using 30s reproduction prints.  


This is another option I'm considering.  It's called God's Eye, and is also about 14" square. The color is really off in this photo as the brights are lime green and coral.  I actually have a lot of that navy blue background left as well as quite a bit of the 2 colors.  


I didn't participate in SAHRR in 2023, but I did finish my 2022 version.  I began with the red/white house block that was in the orphan block drawer waiting to become something.  But in 2022 I fell behind, but then in 2023 I added some of the 3" Sewcialites 2 blocks to the SAHRR to make a wall hanging.  I'm really pleased with the outcome.

So I'm looking forward to playing along this year again.  Maybe I'll even keep up this time.


12 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'd go with the lady/dresdens, she's so beautiful! Happy stitching!

Kate said...

Oh wow, you'd end up with two very different quilts based on which block you pick. It's hard to choose, I'd like to see what you'd do with both of them.

Ramona said...

The God's Eye block is beautiful. I'm going to have to look for that pattern.

Vicki in MN said...

I too think you should use the dresden lady block, or maybe you want to do two quilts!!

JanineMarie said...

Ooh, the appliqué block reminds me of a pillowcase I embroidered when I was a kid. That would be a neat center, but I like the other block,too. The colors did come through as lime and coral on my screen. I like your interpretation of the process in the SAHRR you did before.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Two really fun blocks - each one would give you all kinds of possibilities for the borders! I love your 2022 finish. It's so pretty in all red and white!

piecefulwendy said...

I'm curious to see which block you will choose - or maybe you will make two SAHRRs? :-D I'm so glad you are joining in again this year!

LA Paylor said...

Sara! the lady dresden reminds me of my youth! What a center that would be. Imagine the center surrounded by seemingly random blocks and other colors... the eye would be just a little limiting maybe...
I don't know, you'll decide. You could always do both actually for one round and see which one you like looking at as a focus???
LeeAnna

Chrisknits said...

I like the 2nd block!! And my, your finished SAHRR is gorgeous!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The sunbonnet girl is so cute, I love the old fashioned fabrics:)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your 2022 quilt looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing which block you choose for your centre this year :)

Quilting Gail said...

I love both of your blocks! It'll be fun to see which one your choose and to see the rounds added each week!
Thanks for linking to the SAHRR!!