Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Stay At Home Round Robin - round 1

 It's not a FULL round, but it's a start.


The center block was squared up to 12.5" before I added the red floral border.  That brought it up to a 14.5" square.  The round #1 prompt was to add signature blocks.  Mine are 2.5" signature blocks.  I'm not sure if I want to put the signature blocks on all 4 sides, just 2 sides - opposite, or around a corner - or just leave it as is.  Right now I'm leaning toward adding the same section on the opposite side for balance.  I'm usually more comfortable with symmetry. LOL

13 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very cute, happy stitching!

Kate said...

You've got a great start on this year's SAHRR. I think adding it to the top or bottom would be cute too, that's a different type of balance.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's so cute already! I love the 30s prints you're using. These SAHRR projects take some thinking and experimenting!

piecefulwendy said...

Will be fun to see what you decide to do - it's looking good as is!

Laura K said...

I like what you have so far. Your fan lady is leaning into the signature border. In my opinion, this demonstrates good balance.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice!

Cathy said...

Oh, what a cute center block!

JanineMarie said...

I love that floral around your center and how the signature blocks have those little peeks of colors from the dress.

grammajudyb said...

That is so cute. I put round 1 only on the bottom! As you said, for now!🙂

Kat Scribner said...

You are working on a most adorable dresden lady !

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is such a pretty block. I wonder what you will decide...

LA Paylor said...

gosh I love her, and would enjoy seeing that row all the way around I think... it's a great spacer/continuation.
LeeAnna

Kathleen said...

I like what you did and look forward to seeing your decisions as the prompts keep coming!