Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2024

RSC24 - week #2

This isn't green, but the pieces had worked their way to the top of a scrap bin, so I decided to use them for a quick Zipper block.  


There was enough left for a couple of Windmill blocks, so I cut those pieces before leaving home this week (to house/kid/dog sit for our daughter).  They are ready to sew while I'm here and just want some quick stitching.


Once I got my sewing machine figured out on Friday I did make 2 more green Night Vision blocks plus their bonus triangle pinwheels.  These were just a few of the random blocks I had kitted up to bring with me while I kid/dog sit.  


Late in 2023 I began making Dutchman's Puzzle blocks using some batiks I had been gifted.  I had the idea to use various shades of aqua along with whatever color is chosen each month for RSC.  This new one has joined the 2 that were made last year.  


I've been gradually adding the side triangles to these string blocks, called Rainbow Connections.  Again - not green, although there is a green string section still hanging in the closet.  Since I'm using these to enlarge an existing flimsy from crib size to twin size, I'll still need to make a few more of these.

Check out more RSC fun today . . .
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Kate said...

Love the Dutchman's Puzzle blocks. You've definitely gotten a lot of odds and ends stitching done while you've been on dog/kid sitting duty.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that last one,I have a photo of that one from somewhere for a future idea on my idea board

Mari said...

Gotta use those scraps that work themselves up to the top. Otherwise they hide forever! I love all your blocks, especially the Dutchman's Puzzle. Great bright green!

quiltingbydawn said...

I really like your night vision blocks and the bonus pinwheels!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I found myself mesmerized staring at your fabrics, The watch face novelty fabric literally stopped time for me. I like the fabric you paired it with. The circles in each fabric compliment each other.

Cathy said...

Whenever I see all the lovely things you’re working on, it makes me want to do those blocks too! Really love the Night Vision blocks - and the Zipper, too. You must’ve had a great week with the grands!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you took a good variety of things to work on while kid sitting! Those Dutchman's Puzzle blocks are going to make a pretty quilt. Hope you've had a fun week!

grammajudyb said...

Rainbow Connection is on my list of quilt to do! I am making zipper blocks, but your photo of yours is awesome! Fabulous fabric !

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice squares! Stay warm! I hear you are cold too:)

Jenny said...

Lots of stitching happening while you child/dog sit.

Susie H said...

what beautiful blocks, Sara! Love, love, love the Night Vision blocks. Do I detect partial seams? Have a good time house/pet/kid sitting!