Pages

Friday, January 5, 2024

This n that

Hmmm . . . some progress has been made on the Saturday Sampler project, and I did get the upside down row fixed on the main part of the quilt. 

The borders have been started.  The narrow black border will go on first, and then some major planning and measuring will need to happen.  The pattern has an outer border that's a combination of pieced and applique.  I've decided to skip the applique, but have the pieced sections begun.  My fingers are crossed that I have enough of that background left for the rest of the border.  It will be close.


The rows are all sewn for the QOV I've been working on.  My QOV stash had a couple of good options for an outer border to finish this top.  


I've finally cleared off the design board that was full of parts and pieces for various Quilts of Valor blocks, including these 2 Floating Star blocks.  


Another Hourglass block happened too.  Note the baggie full of RWB Hourglass blocks laying next to it.  When I make a QOV block with triangles trimmed away those triangles usually end up as Hourglass blocks or Pinwheel blocks.  I just can't throw them away if they are big enough to use. 


I realized this week that my final finishes of 2023 never reached my blog.  I was busy with binding at the end of December - 2 quilts and this little table runner and mug rug set.  The binding finishes on these happened in the car on New Year's Eve on my way to an afternoon Jackrabbit basketball game. I haven't even taken pictures of the other 2 quilts yet.

4 comments:

Kate said...

You definitely had some productive time in the sewing room. Happy stitching this weekend.

Nann said...

I particularly like the green and coral prints in the Sampler blocks. Is the first QOV block by Kim Brackett? It would be a good scrap buster....Have a good weekend!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice projects!

Nann said...

I particularly like the green and the coral prints in the Sampler blocks. Is the first QOV a Kim Brackett design?