Pages

Monday, January 22, 2024

Design Wall Monday - January 22

 What's on your design wall this morning?  Mine has a scrappy binding, and some small machine quilting tasks to work on. 
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


I think there were enough chunks of leftover green bindings in the drawer to piece a binding for the green and cream quilt.  And if I need to dig deeper in the scraps for more, that's OK too.  I want to get this binding attached so I can work on the hand stitching this week.  


Three small things are ready to quilt.  The pieces are all cut and ready for the zipper pouches I'm making for the granddaughters.  The front and its lining are joined and the batting is sandwiched, so I'll add some wavy quilting lines for texture.  The red and white valentine wasn't on my list for this week, but it shouldn't take long to do just a little bit of quilting on it and attach the binding.

I have a haircut and manicure appointment this afternoon. And I'm so happy that it isn't 20 below zero for a change when it's time to be out and about.

5 comments:

chrisknits said...

You have been busy! Love the quilts you are working on and those pouches for the grands will be adorable.

Bonnie said...

That is a cute heart pattern. Great way to use lots of different red fabrics. Cool to use lots of different greens in the binding.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hooray for warmer temperatures! I love a scrappy binding - looks like your green quilt will have a fun one. Your little heart quilt is sweet, too. Have fun working on those finishes this week, Sara!

Astrid said...

Some pretty greens, they will make a fun scrappy binding. Love your red heart and I'm sure the grands are thrilled getting the zipper pouches.

Kate said...

You are moving along on several fronts. I'm looking forward to above freezing temps today and no ice. Happy stitching this week.