Pages

Monday, September 30, 2024

Design Wall Monday - September 30

 Is tomorrow REALLY the 1st of October?  Already?  What is on your design wall for this next week or month?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


One task I've given myself today is to work on my monthly Goal list.  As always, it's a mix of new projects and ongoing projects.  Hopefully I'll get a couple of baby quilts back from the quilter so I can get them bound.  This one is Beehive, which was a Sew Sampler box project. 


The parts and pieces are all prepped and ready for some efficient stitching this week.  I think the first priority this week will be to finish getting the Dutchman's Puzzle quilt top together.


I remembered this beautiful batik has been in my stash for a couple of years, just waiting for the right project.  There is more than enough to use as a wide outer border to the Dutchman's Puzzle quilt.  I'm excited to get this one done.  

Goals for October

  • Personal goals
    • Walk at least 1 mile at least 5 days a week   
    • Continue decluttering  
  • Binding & other hand stitching
    • bind the Beehive baby quilt
    • bind one Quilt of Valor
    • work on hand quilting projects 
  • Block of the Month piecing
    • Saturday Sampler - month #7 blocks 
    • Tranquility mystery quilt clue #5  
    • Carol Doak paper pieced stars - block #4  
  • Rainbow Scrap Challenge - progress on ANY of these
    • Dutchman's Puzzle quilt top assembly
    • Shooting Stars - more blocks
    • RSC blocks in ANY color needed - 
  • UFO / WIP projects - progress on at least 1 of these
    • quilt Bright Happy Blocks
    • batik Hunter's Star quilt
    • 2nd fall table runner flimsy
  • PIG (new projects) at least 1 of these
    • Hemingway Pouch
    • Christmas table runner 
    • fall or winter door hanger 
  • Whatever else I want to play with!!

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

that is one ambitious list! my focus is primarily on UFOs...since i hand quilt they can be time consuming...

Tired Teacher said...

Love the fabric you plan to use for the border of Dutchman’s puzzle! It pulls all the colors together.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great border print for your Dutchman's Puzzle! You know I love the Beehive. Is it quilted up?