Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2024

RSC24 - Week #36

This week I've spent significant time trying to clear up a backlog of UFO / WIP tasks taking up space.  They take up space in my sewing room and also in my brain.  So . . . my brown and black sewing is focused on moving those projects forward. 


The final batik Dutchman's Puzzle block needed for my quilt was made with a rich brown batik.  I even got the bonus triangles sewn into the Hourglass blocks right away.  Next step on this one is making a decision on sashing or no sashing.  


Ten more Kitty blocks were needed for that quilt top, and 3 were made using brown and black.  Almost ready to finish that quilt top.


The cover for a fastpitch softball themed travel pillow used up a bit more of that softball fabric.  Now I need to get a 14" pillow form.  This is a gift. 


And the boots-themed pillowcases are finished too.  There are some fancy boots just right for a pretty cowGIRL on this fabric.  These will go with the "horse" panel quilt I made for my grand-niece.  I used the same teal from the quilt in the cuffs of the cases.  Another gift. 

There was some binding done on another scrappy quilt, but I'll wait to show that off once it's completely done.  And I did make some progress on a couple of smaller UFOs too, so I'm calling this week successful.  Plus it's quilt guild meeting day and that's always fun.

What else is going on in the RSC world today?
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Kate said...

Brown and teal is such a fun color combination. It does feel good to get those odds and ends finished up. Happy stitching this weekend.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely colors I love the pattern in the first quilt you show - Dutchman's Puzzle?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I can't wait to see what you decide on your Dutchman's Puzzle quilt for the layout! It's going to be gorgeous. And brown and black are perfect for kitty blocks - sounds like you're getting close on that one. Hope you have a fun guild meeting day!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice squares! You had a productive week!

Deb A said...

pretty color combo for the dutchman's puzzle blocks. I've always loved blue and browns together.

Jenny said...

Here kitty, kitty, you are almost done! I love the pillowcases too, never made any of these but I have some fabric ready and waiting.

Vicki in MN said...

You are moving along quite well, soon you will have bigger checkmarks for that list!

a good yarn said...

The blue and brown blocks are a great combination. Cute kitty blocks too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Impressive amount of progress for the week, Sara!