Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Riley Blake Design challenge 2024

Another finish for September! And this one isn't even a UFO.  The binding for this was finished last Friday.  


This is my version of the Riley Blake Design challenge for 2024.  Each year they do an online sew-along, with 1 block released each week for 16 weeks.  This year I added 4 additional blocks from previous RBD years because I wanted the quilt rectangular instead of square.  And then I added the Blessed row, which was a monthly kit from The Pin Cushion using the Lori Holt book Spelling Bee.  It just fit right in there.   

I think this will be a good quilt to save for a future gift.  

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow it is a beauty!! I love all the different blocks! Well done!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I like it! The recipient will be pleased.

Vicki in MN said...

Nice work and a win for a finish!

cityquilter grace said...

nice finish and adaptation...yes i can see this would be a great gift in a lot of situations

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Cool addition of "Blessed" to your quilt, Sara!!! It really makes it!!