Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Store sample progress

 It's a mystery quilt, so I can't show you much.  But I should have the store sample quilt top assembled sometime today.  


Really, there are only the 2 side borders left to sew together and then attach to the top.  The rest is done.  I've never really kept track of the amount of time spent to make a quilt top before so this was an interesting process.  A lot of the units for this pattern were made slightly oversized and then squared up.  That makes very accurate blocks, but all that trimming takes time.  But I've enjoyed doing this.

Once that's done and delivered, then I'll be getting back to work on a couple of my own ongoing projects.  The Kitty quilt top needs to be finished up, and I also need to cut out my Saturday Sampler blocks for this month.  And there are always some brown/black Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks to make, although since the shop sample had 2 different shades of brown in it maybe I've met that goal this week.

No comments: