Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Jamaica quilt is ready to travel


















Here is the wallhanging quilt I've made for my older daughter's wedding in Jamaica. It is ready to pack into my carry-on bag for the trip.

The 2 flip flop blocks were signed by guests at her bridals showers. And the bigger palm tree block is ready for the actual wedding guests - almost 30 of them!

My friend Sylvia had some great ideas for adding some fun details to this project. It was her idea to make 2 tiny pair of flip flops to put onto the beach. And she had the idea to embroider the heart and initials onto the tree trunk. And she found the 4 star fish buttons that I added to all of the blocks. Isn't it great to have creative friends?

Then I stumbled on the beach scene fabric online and just had to buy it for borders. I can't wait for the bride to see it!





No comments: