Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Needle and thread





I've spent most of the afternoon with needle and thread, doing some hand applique work. I had already made 2 flip flop signature blocks for Jerilyn's bridal showers, and now I'm making a larger palm tree block for signatures at the actual wedding. The beach theme is because the wedding will be in Jamaica and is coming up soon.


My friend Sylvia found the cutest starfish buttons and gave them to me. I put one on each of these flip flop blocks this afternoon. And the other two will go on the beach area of the palm tree block. Aren't friends the best? Thank you Sylvia for finding such perfect buttons!



I embroidered a heart on the tree with the initials of the bride and groom. The green leaves are done now too. The only major thing left to do on this block is add 2 tiny little pair of appliqued flip flops onto the beach. Then it will be ready to go into my carry on bag for the trip.





1 comment:

DocSly said...

It is going to be the niftiest wallhanging. You are so welcome! Love it.