Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

An overdue UFO


I know exactly why this UFO became a neglected project.  This was a flannel Saturday Sampler from about 2001.  I know - shameful, isn't it?  And the reason this one was put aside was because the side strips were 3" too short on each side and I had used up the black flannel that is in the sashing.  So, instead of buying more black I just folded it all up and put it away.  

This week I bought a small piece of black flannel and put the same width sashing strips at the top and bottom of both side borders.  Voila!!!  I made this extra long for some reason, so it looks quite long and narrow.  But it is actually about 65" wide so it might fit a long twin bed.  Or be a lap quilt for someone really tall.  What was I thinking?  Who knows - but the top is done after 13 years.


2 comments:

Nancy said...

Another great finish. You are definitely tackling your UFO projects! Kudos for finishing so many this year.

Moneik said...

So good to finish another one. I wo UK d have done the same thing.