Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summer goals

My June goals were generally reached, except for the first one.


  • clean my sewing room - NOT tackled yet
  • 2 Saturday Sampler blocks - YES
  • 3 yellow RSC14 blocks (1 is done already) - YES
  • finish the scrappy pillow - YES
  • layer and quilt my Halloween Spicy Spiral table runner - YES
  • work on Heart 'n Spool exchange blocks (due in August) - 8 of the 16 are done

I also finished my paper pieced Shazam quilt. This was a stretch of my skills and I'm really pleased with the results.  I made a self-binding baby blanket for a gift, and I made 2 pillowcases for my oldest grand-kids.  Check out my 2014 Finishes page to see Shazam and the other things.   

This summer I have more time off than usual and I'm hoping that allows me to play more golf and get more sewing done.  My July goals will be a little scattered because I'm hoping to dig into some new projects as well as finish up some UFOs.

  • clean my sewing room
  • 2 Saturday Sampler blocks
  • 3 red RSC14 blocks - already DONE
  • finish Heart 'n Spool exchange blocks
  • bind a UFO quilt (red FQStars or Wishin' For Spring)
  • finish quilting a UFO (long Poppy table runner or the tropical wedding wall hanging)
  • 5 string blocks with red centers
  • make top for Wheels Quick Strippee child's quilt (a UFO)
  • 1 self-binding baby blanket
Now that I've written these down, I'm thinking it looks a bit over ambitious. So we'll see how it goes.  I have to have a target to aim for, right?

No comments: