Friday, February 20, 2015

A finish - finally

Finally I was able to get back to sewing the binding onto this quilt.  I set it aside about 10 days ago and just didn't get back to it. Pardon the bad photo with the grey outdoor light showing. It was way too cold to take it outside for a better photo.

This was our 2014 Saturday Sampler called Tell it to the Stars. It has a lovely combination of batiks and traditional fabrics in the blocks. I added a dark red inner border and binding and used a grey floral for the outer wide border.  I really like the end result.

Added bonus - I can deduct a lot of yardage from my Sunday Stash report this week. After looking back at the pattern I'm going to count this as 15 yards including backing and binding. Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I love quilts with star blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Sara... those blocks look gorgeous and I love the soft quilting too.

    ReplyDelete