Tuesday, November 17, 2015
More hand quilting
This border fabric was a purchase from a few years ago with the 60 degree runner in mind. But I just never seemed to get around to it. One evening last week I spent a couple of hours in my sewing room pulling fabrics from the drawers that I knew had been sitting for awhile and did a bit of planning.
I made 2 of these 60 degree runners plus one small octagon one from the trimmings (the other fabric), and set aside enough fabric for 4 more pillowcases. This runner will be hand quilted, but the other one will be machine quilted. The octagon one is already done - quilted and bound.
I just HAVE to use up some of this beautiful fabric lying in my stash. Last night after work I cut and pinned the pillowcases and pulled enough fabric for at least 2 additional ones. They will all be donated.