Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Contrast is important

I had to be reminded about the importance of contrast today. I was cutting some pieces for more churn dash blocks, and pulled these 3 lovely fabrics. But as I was pressing the rows it became easy to see that there just isn't enough contrast here.


The block would be OK but not particularly emphasizing the churn dash.  A darker piece to replace that dark orange would make a big difference. So, back to digging in the scraps . . . And I think it is going to be worth the time spent to pick out those seams to make the substitution.


This brown will be much better.  Right now I'm watching a little Vikings football and will take this block apart.  And I can save the dark orange pieces to use in another block where they will show up better.

No comments: