This week I've been playing with a panel and the pattern Spotlight II. I had pulled lots of brights from my scrap bin and cut 2.5" squares to use in the pieced borders, but when I got that first border on, it was clear that a couple of the squares were too light in tone. They just didn't fit with the panel. That is the good things about taking my time and stopping to really examine the project in various stages, especially when I'm working from the stash and making things up as I going along.
So, on Saturday I pulled those 2 squares out and replaced them with black squares. Then I worked on the border for the other side with a couple of black squares added there too. All of the squares that were too light went back into my 2.5" square box for some future project. I do notice in this picture that on the right side the bottom line of squares are all kind of the same tone (dark). But in reality they are such different colors that I'm going to leave them.
I still have the top and bottom borders to do, but today will be a college basketball and grandkid day. We're headed to a college WNIT game, then will have a visit with the granddaughter who turned 5 this week. Should be a fun day!