Pages

Monday, August 21, 2017

Design Wall Monday - not much progress


I only managed to sew for about an hour this weekend as we had company Saturday, and there just seemed to be other things I needed to do on Sunday. Only a bit of progress has been made on my Kim Diehl County Line project, and since it's small it shouldn't be taking so long. I have 3 blocks out of 15 left to finish before I can put the rest of the rows together. I'm hoping that this afternoon I'll finally get back to my sewing room.
 
 
I have a couple of design boards that I use to lay out pieces when I'm sewing. The little pieces are laid out just how they fit into the blocks and that reduces the errors such as sewing a piece in the wrong direction.  An added bonus is that the design board can be lifted up and moved when needed without disturbing the arrangement.
 
Check out Design Wall Monday at: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/ to see what others are working on today.



2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Love those blocks! The fabric reminds me of Kansas Troubles colors.

I use large squaresmcut from poster board to lay out block pieces.

Vic in NH said...

Such pretty prairie fabrics! I love your blocks so far, but isn't it true that even simple sewing does take time?