Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Saturday Sampler progress

 
I had a little sewing time last night finally, and put together the blocks for the center of my Saturday Sampler.  And I cut the first border set but only got the 2 side borders attached.  This one is definitely fun and easy, and a pattern I might do again. 
 
The wide outer border will be the flowered fabric. I may add a narrow light blue border first however. And I just noticed that my picture makes the peach look a bit more orange than it really is.  It's really navy, red, peach, pale blue, and the flowered print.  This would have looked nice in the master bedroom in our previous house, which was done in a nice 1980s peach and navy blue.
 
The finished quilt should make a good sized couch quilt.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Wow, that is going to be a stunning quilt - simply gorgeous.

Ramona said...

Love this! It's gorgeous as shown here. I bet it's beautiful in person, too!