Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Need help choosing a border


Some opinions are needed to help me decide on a possible final border on this quilt. I want to add about 8" all around to make this larger for my queen size bed. The whole quilt is solid so I felt a bold print final border might be perfect.  Now I'm questioning whether a small subtle print would work better.

I bought 2 possible border fabrics but just can't decide which I like better, or if neither of them works. The floral has most of the colors from the blocks except the grey.  It definitely pulls the burgundy and the rose out.  And it has a touch of the green and blue. The darker grey fabric just has the green and the rose and the cream.  

Right now I'm leaning toward the grey, but I'm just not sure. I've been looking for possibilities in every quilt shop I've visited this summer, and I keep looking at my local shops too as they get new fabrics.  I've even looked online.  These are so far, the best options I've found for what I want it to look like.




7 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

My eye is drawn to the darker fabric. I can't explain why, but it more appealing.

'suzanne said...

I like the grey. The other one just does not stand out enough

Tamera said...

I prefer the grey as well. It seems to frame the quilt.

Jean said...

I like the grey. The other one is too busy.

Ramona said...

I prefer the darker border, too. The lighter one pulls my eye to the border and I have to remember to look at the quilt. The dark border finishes the quilt nicely.

Linda in Calif. said...

I do not like the lighter one - to me it doesn't go with the gray border. And it is too busy - and not "modern" enough. The gray one is much better, calmer and picks up some of the quilt colors.

Lori said...

I like the gray too. It contains the pieced center.