Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2019

A 15 minute block


For the first time in over a week I got to sew.  I escaped to my sewing room for only a few minutes this afternoon while waiting for an email response for work, but it was enough to be therapeutic.  And this 12" block is the result of 15 minutes of play time.  More patriotic scraps were used here - actually 2 leftover jelly roll strips.  I think this block would lend itself to a Quilt of Valor very nicely.  

Different variations of this block have been popping up online on several blogs that I follow. Each quarter of the block is a half log cabin.  I've also seen the whole block called a Bento Box block.  

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Nice block. I enjoyed making a pile of these from my 2.5" scraps a few weeks ago. They lend themselves to a variety of fun layouts.

Vicki in MN said...

I have made a bento box quilt and they are so fun to whip up. I love your patriotic version, will we be seeing more of them?