Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Shop hop purchasing

The past couple of years I've been trying to use what I have and not make so many random fabric purchases. It's not easy sometimes, but I think I've done pretty well. That being said, I was just on a 3 day "shop hop" - so yes, I did buy fabric. But I think I was pretty conservative for the most part. 


This quilt was displayed in one of the shops and was so beautiful that I couldn't resist buying the pattern.  And I bought enough of the fabric to make a small version with half the blocks.  


Quite a few fat quarters came home with me - with a focus on patriotic and neutral pieces. I also picked up a few that just appealed to me because of the print or colors.  I can picture a couple more Sew Together bags made with the 2 florals. 


Four patterns were purchased (without corresponding fabrics) and they were all for small or even miniature quilts. These 2 are my favorites. The one on the right has cats and tulips - and finishes at 13" x 18".  Too cute!  And the one on the left is a 24" table topper or wall hanging. But it might make a good center for a Quilt of Valor.


And one of the shops had TONS of border prints.  You all have probably figured out already that I love the 60 degree table runners made with border prints. So I purchased this roll that has enough to make 2 of the runners plus 1 of the hexie shaped toppers, and it has backing in the roll.  Who can resist red geraniums this time of year? 

So - other than Row by Row license plates and some Iowa Shop Hop block kits - this is pretty much it.  Oh - and I bought enough of the Iowa Shop Hop fabric with the bicycles to make another pillowcase and a pot holder for my daughter who does the distance bike rides.  All-in-all I feel like I kept my spending on the conservative side considering I visited 11 shops. 


6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

lots ofeye candy...can you tell me about the white with colored ovals? designer/name/line?

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a fun trip for you!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip! Love the geraniums too.

Tired Teacher said...

Great purchases! The table topper pattern would make a nice QOV center medallion or even separate blocks.

Ramona said...

You found some lovelies on your trip! Love the peak of the border print that you found.

Sara said...

That fabric is an RJR Fabric called Rings (Victoria Findlay Wolfe). I'm wishing I had bought yardage instead of just a fat quarter because it would make a great background.