Pages

Monday, June 17, 2019

Design Wall Monday - a flimsy


Yay!  It's a finished top!!!  This is the Halloween version of the latest Saturday Sampler and it's ready to quilt.  I do think the border print that I used for the outer border draws the eye away from the snow fence sashing - at least a little bit.  I was trying to lay this out on the deck this morning just as it was beginning to rain, so forgive the slightly dark and fuzzy photo.


The border print has the same green and purple found in the green print in the blocks.  I got very lucky in finding this print.  I have lots left over and plan to make several 60 degree runners from those leftovers. 


My mitered corners turned out pretty well.  And my favorite part of the print is actually the purple strip with the dancing skeletons and mummies.  So cute. 

I'm linking up today with Design Wall Monday at: https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The border is perfect for this quilt.

Ramona said...

It’s adorable! Congrats! On your finish.

moosecraft said...

Wowie! That is awesome!!!! Love this Halloween quilt! You did a really super job of finding the perfect border to make this all play well together! Love it! Now all of your readers want to make one!!! :-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

The border really makes this quilt...previously I didn't like it but with the borders it is transformed:)