Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - dark blue


The 6 inch flower blocks are from Lori Holt's book Spelling Bee.  They are so cute.  And now I have a dark blue one to add to the garden.  So I'm caught up with the blocks I've been making for RSC this year - flower, cat, and star blocks. 


I actually have more than these 6 blocks - see the other peeking out from under the red one? But these are the ones made following the RSC colors so far.  I definitely may make more of each color of these since they are small.  And I have no idea what they will become yet, although they would make a fun outer border to a quilt. 



My cat block was made at the beginning of the month as soon as I knew the color.  I used a beautiful blue batik for his body.  And the Ohio Star that I made yesterday has the same dark blue dot that I used in the flower block.  I keep thinking that I need to make a black and white cat block to look like our cat Sammy (nearly 18 years old).


2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Fun blocks! I think the flowers would be grand as a border. Yes, you certainly need to make a black and white cat.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those are darling blocks in dark BLUE!!