Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Charm squares come in handy


Happy Blocks!  This was a free pattern from Mary Quilts and I had made 2 of them just to try out the block.  So fast and easy!!  So with charms that I sorted out of the "kid" fabrics on Monday I made 18 more blocks.  I have more charms set aside for this and just need to add the frames to them.  These blocks are 9" square, so I think if I make 10 more blocks (2 rows) this quilt will be big enough for a good cuddle up quilt for a child.  It will be a donation quilt.  


And I also cut charms for 12 more Ritzy Cracker blocks that are now in kits ready to sew as I have time.  Some of these will get a cream background and go to the guild baby quilt project.  And a few will get white backgrounds to add to my baby quilt project. 



It always feels good to get some things organized and cleaned up.  Two 12" square storage cubes are now cleaned up, several pillowcases are kitted up and ready to sew, a dozen Ritzy Cracker blocks are kitted up, and the Happy Blocks are kitted up.  By the end of August I'm hoping to have the pillowcases and the Happy Blocks all made.  

2 comments:

Ramona said...

I need to kit up some blocks to have ready to sew, too. The framed charm squares will make a great cuddle quilt.

Tired Teacher said...

While it takes time to make the kits, it certainly makes sewing so much easier and faster. I need to get busy and prepare some kits. Mary's site is full of great ideas and patterns.