Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Two thirds of the stars


Six of the nine blocks are done and put together with the pieced sashing. That left border isn't actually sewn on but it gives an idea of what will happen after I get that last row of stars made. There are three pieced borders - two very narrow ones and one wider border.

I'm getting excited to have this one done because I love this particular design. I did substitute a different orange for an orange plaid because I'm not very fond of that plaid. 

And since I hobbled down those stairs (with my walking boot) to sew, I also made the light blue string block. Light blue was the August color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and this was the only block I hadn't made yet.  This gives me 15 rainbow string blocks so far. I will need to make more of certain colors in order to make this large enough for a kid-size quilt.  We'll see what color we get for September and then I can decide which colors need more blocks for a good balance. 



7 comments:

Ramona said...

I'm glad you were able to work your way down to your sewing room. The star blocks are looking so good! And your duck in your string block is adorable. Heal quickly!

Tired Teacher said...

❤️ the star blocks. I can see why you like this design.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those stars are really neat!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the blue strings...and your stars are lovely. Hope you were careful hobbling down the stairs!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those star blocks are really pretty! It will be fun to see what you do with your string blocks, too.

Susie H said...

Makes a world of difference in our outlook when we get time in our sewing space, doesn't it? Love the little ducks peaking out in your string blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

The dreaded boot!! Good you got your Light BLUE block done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.