Pages

Friday, August 16, 2019

Saturday Sampler blocks - 2 months


My original plan was to do all grey batik backgrounds for this Saturday Sampler, but in digging further into my stash I found some very pretty pale batiks with a hint of other colors. So I'm going to make the backgrounds REALLY scrappy.  And my second month blocks are all caught up now.

The top one has a grey background with a touch of green in those subtle swirls. It worked perfectly with the green batiks.  The one below - that looks green but isn't - actually has a touch of purple in the background.  I laid these 2 blocks in the same place under my Ott light on my cutting table, minutes apart. And one is looking quite true to color and the other is very washed out. 


This morning I laid out month 1 blocks (top 2) along with month 2 blocks (bottom 2) and the big block.  There is quite a bit of purple and green in the blocks so far, so I'm excited to see what other colors of batiks will be pulled into this.  And I do know there is an applique block coming up soon.  


1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

Very nice! I've grown to love batiks.