Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Choosing a layout


I finished the last 10 Happy Blocks on Thursday evening and this morning I laid them all out on the floor.  As I read the Sunday paper and drank my coffee this grey morning I rearranged them to try to keep similar colors separated.  I do have one "dark" area in the upper left that still needs some change. But I'm nearly ready to sew these into a finished top.

One of the best purchases over the years have been numbered pins.  When I gather up these blocks into rows, I just pin them with the row number.  I always keep the left side of the row on top and work my way to the right side at the bottom of the pile. The numbered pin goes into the top edges of the pile.  And usually I work on 2 rows at a time.  What kinds of "habits" or processes do you use to keep your rows in order? 


1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

I haven't seen these pins in a store, but I use a Sharpie to write numbers on my flower head pins and use them much the same way as you do.