Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

About halfway

I'm nearly halfway through the blanket stitching to hold down the appliques on my bench pillow.  That cat is only about 2.5" tall and was very tricky.  

Blanket stitching is a slow process for me, because I've discovered that if I take my eyes off that needle for even a moment, I'll find I've wandered away from the edge.  So, I'm doing this in little snippets of time. 

There is one more candy corn flower, 2 pumpkins, and a couple more letters to outline with blanket stitching.  Slow and steady!

 

10 comments:

Moneik said...

It's turning out super cute. I don't enjoy applique, so it's not something I make often. This is so cute though!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I don’t do appliqué, but I admire the work of those that do. My sister made an appliqué Christmas card holder for me. She had also added appliqué to quilts, pillows, and wall hangings that she displays in her home. I’ll leave appliqué projects to you and her.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

this is going to be THE BEST Halloween decoration!! I love it!!

Kate said...

Slow but steady progress will have your pillow finished before you know it. Love the pattern, a great addition to your holiday decorating.

maggie fellow said...

cute applique

Kat said...

So cute!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, that is going to be SEW festive, Sara!!

sue s said...

I admire you for doing all that applique! It will be beautiful when it's done.

Janis said...

Blanket stitching is a slow process for me too, and I find it tedious. Your bench pillow is adorable though and worth the time and effort!

grammajudyb said...

I love applique pillow covers! I have a couple of patterns, but no one to give them to. I done have a porch bench, or a foyer bench. Maybe they would work for a couch pillow or guest bed! What do you think?