Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Jelly roll project for gift exchange


I had saved this free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop, with the idea that it would be a quick way to use a couple of jelly rolls that have been languishing in the stash.  I decided to put this on my 2021 UFO Challenge list (and yes I've started the list already), and even selected a bright jelly roll to use.  


In the drawer with the bright jelly roll was also this wintery blue jelly roll.  And tucked into the bag with the blue roll was a bag of laser cut blue snowflakes.  Obviously I had intended to use them together - but as what?  Who knows!!  Well I now have a plan and have begun to execute that plan.


Recently I signed up for a Secret Santa type of Christmas gift exchange with an online group of quilt-y friends.  We have a small budget ($20) and can choose to make any small project.  I'm going to use the Jelly Belly pattern, the blue/cream jelly roll, and the laser cut snowflakes to make a couple of table runners.  I can use one for the gift exchange and one to keep - or give away.  I even had the cream background fabric in my stash.  There is enough of everything so I should not have to buy anything unless I end up buying a little something for the backing and or binding.  


4 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great idea for using the snowflakes!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I like those snowflakes vs the real ones:)

Vicki in MN said...

Looking forward to seeing your snowflake project come to life;)

Moneik said...

Super cute! I love the snowflakes on the runners. I need to get busy on my project.