Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Halloween & fall decor

 I took some time today to do a little decorating for fall and for Halloween.  I have WAY too many seasonal quilts, wall hangings, and table toppers - and need to actually use more of them.  In my dining room there is normally a large quilt hanging on the wall year round that has houses on it.  But today I took it down and hung up a big Halloween quilt.


This is a One Block Wonder that used panels rather than yardage. It was started in an OBW class taught by a couple of very talented local ladies.  I love how it looks hanging here and now I can enjoy it all month.  I can even see one edge of it from my desk in my home office.


Another large Halloween quilt is hanging over the back of the love seat by the fireplace.  I walk by this spot dozens of times every day, so this is another quilt I can enjoy all month.  And in the background you can see the decor on my fireplace hearth.  Fall flowers fill a big stoneware pot on the right. The pot sits on a little quilt which you can't see from here. On the other side of the hearth is a miniature Halloween quilt. 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Lovely displays - the dining room wall is an ideal place to hang quilts. I’m glad you can enjoy these beauties all month.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is one beautiful quilt! Good that you hung it up to enjoy!
Thank you so much for the book on cards...you are so sweet to think of me!

Kate said...

Those are some beautiful quilts you've worked into your holiday decorations. The one block wonder variation is really nice.