Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Lost and found

If you read my goals for 2015 you know that one of my major goals is to continue to declutter my house from top to bottom.  DH and I have begun with the basement and it has been amazing what treasures we've been finding buried in boxes. I thought I was pretty well organized when we moved into this house 9 years ago, but obviously I was not because we've found some odd things packed together in boxes in our basement storage room. And I'm ashamed that any boxes have remained unpacked after 9 years. Shame on me!


There are 4 of these candle-wick on muslin blocks.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but I think they need to go into a quilt of some kind. And the doll quilt needs a bit of repair.  I'm not sure who made this, but it was in with some doll clothes so I believe it was probably a gift for the girls when they were little.  The binding is done with a technique that I have never used, but the quilting is all done by hand with red thread.  A little repair and it will go into the doll bed with the dollies for the grandchildren to play with when they visit.


3 comments:

Nancy said...

Always fun to find treasures. . I used to do candle wicking and still have some thread, I think.

Moneik said...

So interesting what you find when you look in unique spots.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

The forgotten treasures we find are fun... And then there are the head shaking what was I keeping this for? I have some candlewicked Christmas ornaments from the 80's.