Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Retreat sewing

Heartland Quilt Guild held a "Let it Snow" retreat on Friday night and all day Saturday.  I was only able to attend on Saturday, but that time allowed me to get a couple of big tasks checked off my list. First, I got all 36 pigtail blocks sewn together into a flimsy. 


After adding the last 2 rows I laid it out and realized that I had goofed and didn't have the white sections meeting. So I "un-sewed" those rows and fixed the problem.  And I cut enough strips to make another 10 blocks for my Trip Around the World. 



I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday at: http://www.patchworktimes.com/ 

6 comments:

Nancy said...

You had a very productive weekend. Well done!

Rebecca Grace said...

I have never heard that design called Pigtails before -- what a cute name! Congratulations on a lovely finished quilt top!

Ramona said...

Your "pigtail" quilt is adorable! I haven't heard it called that either. Love it.

Sew Much For Free Time said...

I've not heard "pigtails" either, but something similar, "ocean waves" is on my list. Inwat to make if for a shoreline loving friend. Blues, greys and sea glass colors. Your primary colors are bold a beautiful! What a great sewing day you had!!

Sew Much For Free Time said...

I've not heard "pigtails" either, but something similar, "ocean waves" is on my list. Inwat to make if for a shoreline loving friend. Blues, greys and sea glass colors. Your primary colors are bold a beautiful! What a great sewing day you had!!

Moneik said...

I just sewed on my TATW blocks last night. I have a lot left, but a couple every once in a while is fun.