Pages

Friday, August 10, 2018

It's the journey, not the destination



As much as I need want to finish lots of UFOs, sometimes I just have to pull out something new and PLAY.  It's good for my soul and my overall attitude.  With just an hour to sew this morning here is what I played with - a disappearing 4-patch.

I've been seeing this block again online lately and it's been on my "someday" list for a long time. I even watched the Missouri Star Quilt Company video tutorial early this morning before looking into my charm pack drawer. This French General charm pack just begged to be chosen, and I had just enough of the cream print in the stash to use as a background. Only 3 blocks are done so far but it was a fun start. Maybe this evening (after work) I can make a few more while my husband is at a golf tournament dinner with the son-in-law.

Using just the one charm pack will result in  about 18-20 blocks so this might end up being a bed runner or a lap quilt. The nice thing about using the French General fabrics is that I can go to my local quilt shop and probably find a perfect blending yardage to add borders, even though this charm pack was from previous lines.

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Yay! I like the blocks you’ve made so far! Love the fabrics.

Vicki in MN said...

I don't think there has ever been a fabric that wouldn't look great in a D4P-they are just fun to make!

Tired Teacher said...

Nice! I've thought about making the blocks, too, but it hasn't happened yet.