Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2018

UFO Challenge #8



On my UFO list I've called this Red Bird Christmas, but now that I've pulled this project out again I'm reminded that it's really called House Warming Party.  The APQ UFO Challenge number for August is 8, and this is on my list in that spot so I hope to work on something to bring this project forward.  And luckily I had all of the patterns and fabric, and the finished sections, all kept together so I didn't have to search for anything.



I have all of the blocks done- except for the large center block with the bird houses.  Except for the 5 little bird appliques, this center section looks pretty easy to do. 

This was originally done as a BOM but I just purchased the whole kit.  The fabrics are very pretty, and I would have never picked out as good of a collection as this. 



I'm thinking this must be the year for Christmas quilts, since this is the third one I've worked on this year. 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The fabrics look fabulous together, especially the plaid and paisley. I wouldn't have thought of using the two together. I hope this project progresses smoothly this month.

Moneik said...

It looks like you've got a good start. I've finished my #8, so I'm going to work on another. I've got 6 done and have worked on 3 others, so I'm feeling pretty successful this year.

Ramona said...

I’m looking forward to seeing this one finished! It’s going to be a beauty. Great design and fabric choices.