Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Digging into the UFOs



A couple of weeks ago I dug into the drawer holding kits, and just picked one.  It didn't matter which one - I just needed to find something to remove from that huge UFO list.  This particular kit was called Baby & Me, with fabrics by Henry Glass.  It's UFO that I bought from a friend when she downsized her stash. I've had it about 3 years and I have no idea how long she had it. The panel is cute, and the actual kit pattern had multiple pieced borders. It was an adorable pattern, but it was getting some age on it. So it was time to do something with it all.

I pulled out a pattern called Diva 2 that uses panels and borders them with diagonal pieces.  It's a really simple and quick pattern.  I had a couple of hours off this morning, and put this crib sized top together.  Since I don't need a baby quilt for a gift right now I think I'll wait to get it quilted some other time.  I cut the binding from the orange and will keep it with the flimsy until I need it.

Naturally there is quite a bit of fabric left over from the kit.  In fact, the leftovers will work perfectly for a couple of the big floor pillows I'm making for grandkids.  I have the pieces cut out for the capital "J" that I need for Jack's pillow. 

Using up this fabric will leave a nice big space in the drawer full of kits. Yay!!!

5 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

It's adorable. The panel is cute, and the diagonal border features it well. Kudos for finishing another UFO.

LA Paylor said...

now what will you do with it? Was it fun to make? that's all we ask of our ufo's lol! Be fun!

Ramona said...

That is a great way to use a panel. The diagonal border really adds a lot to the design.

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

A wonderful way to use a Panel! I should get something out of the "to do" cupboard as well! there just might be a few kits to sew up!

Moneik said...

I have a quilt that needs quilted using that same fabric line. I need to find a substitute for the binding. I should get on that and finish it up.