Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Found it!

While working on invoices this morning I had this sudden light bulb moment - and thought of one more place to look for the yardage I couldn’t find yesterday. So when I had a break, I went downstairs and looked again. Bingo!! There was the black background yardage that had been hiding. 

It has a lot of different colors in the small print and I found yardage of the pink batik that I like with it. The royal blue is OK, but I’m really thinking a nice lime green or aqua would be even better.  We’ll see what else I can find in the stash - or maybe a quick trip to The Pin Cushion is in order.  We need a light and a dark fabric, plus a third one with plenty of contrast. Starting a new Saturday Sampler is always fun, but this one is going to be a mystery quilt. It’s hard for me to choose fabrics without knowing what the plan is. 

2 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your string blocks are so pretty! And it is always so much fun fabric hunting for a new project. What a great hobby we have.

Tired Teacher said...

Selecting fabrics for mystery quilts is difficult. The black fabric is lovely and give a lot of coordinating color choices.