Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Fall is in the air



In spite of the hot windy summery day, fall is definitely starting to  show it's face around here. Nights have been very cool and our ash trees are beginning to turn golden. So that means it's time to change some décor in the house too.  One of my Kim Diehl miniature quilts looks good under the big pot of fall flowers on the hearth.



This small leaf and acorn table topper comes out every fall. I made this a LOT of years ago - maybe 15 or more. But it's still one of my favorites and it fits so nicely on top of the bookcase in my office.  The big metal pumpkin will probably move to the dining room table, but for now it's looking good here.



Yesterday morning I had a morning meeting across town, and this was my view as I backed out of the driveway - our turkey flock crossing the street into our yard.  It was a parade and they weren't in any hurry!  And - can you tell it's garbage pickup day? 

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The turkeys seem to be very comfortable in your neighborhood. Nights are cool here, and the Aspen trees are near peak color in the mountains.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fall is coming on strong and I need to decorate some soon! :)

Vicki in MN said...

Yes I plan to get my fall decor out this weekend! I love decorating for fall/Halloween and Christmas. We had a flock of 24 turkeys in our yard yesterday too.

LA Paylor said...

oh how pretty! And the parade of turkeys... lol
love the vignettes you created, it sets such a mood with the warm colors.