Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Odds 'n Ends



Thank you to those who reaffirmed my thought that my Saturday Sampler needed borders.  I went to The Pin Cushion this morning thinking I would do a bright green or maybe blue border.  But then my search led me to the wide backings - and there was this one.  It's very similar to the crazy backing I just used on my One Block Wonder, only in a darker version.  It's called Circle Play by Henry Glass Co.  It has all of the colors from my quilt in those circles.  A nice lime green dot will be the inner border. 

And my Red Bird/Cardinal Christmas quilt was ready to pick up too.  Bonnie quilted it with this beautiful design and a dark tan thread.  The binding is a red/green/cream plaid and is ready to stitch on.  I feel like I'm on a roll lately again with progress on UFOs and current projects. 

2 comments:

LA Paylor said...

the Christmas birds are so pretty.

Tired Teacher said...

It's wonderful to see the UFO list shrinking. Great fabrics for your sampler.