Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Another UFO to check off the list

Yay!  I can check off another large UFO quilt from my challenge list.  That makes 2 big quilts and 2 small ones completed so far in 2019.  This one is 80" by 96".  And I'll be quick to admit that I like this quilt much better in person than I do when looking at the photo. The colors get a little lost in the photo, probably due to the continuous grey skies and light. 


This was the Saturday Sampler we began in October 2017, finishing in summer of 2018.  Summer Watermelon Sampler was the pattern name and we did 2 variations of the same block each month. I really love some of these blocks  and will probably make some again.  We were encouraged to "shop our stash" to make this one so I dug into what I have a LOT of: brights and black/white prints. 


I decided that I liked that swirly backing so much that I used it for the borders too.  The narrow inner border was a lime green with tiny dots, and the binding is a solid lime green - except for about 18" of the green dot.  That's what happens when you run short of binding just before turning the final corner.  I had no more of the solid left, but there were some scraps of the dot, and they are basically the same color, so I made it work. 


2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

This is a stunning quilt! The color combinations and the fabrics go well together.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like this one very much it is so cheerful! :)