Pages

Friday, February 8, 2019

Yellow cat, yellow cat

Oh my goodness - I LOVE this yellow cat block!  I'm so glad I decided to do these  12" Lori Holt cat blocks for this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC19) because they are turning out so cute.  I can't wait to add more to the group. 


This bright yellow dot was in my fat quarter box and called my name as I started to look for some fun yellow fabric to use.  I'm going to use the remaining chunk to make some blocks for a baby quilt that our guild is working on.  So it's going, going, gone - out of the stash.  I know it's only a fat quarter but it's nice to use it up and not add it to the scrap bins.

The rest of the colors in this block came from the scrap bins. I was going to make the ears and tail from another yellow but I like the orange.  

11 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

so true very cute indeed!

Tired Teacher said...

The orange looks great with the yellow. The cats are adorable.

Warm Quilts said...

Those fabrics are terrific - what a cute block!

Ramona said...

I agree... your yellow cat is adorable! And YAY for not adding anything to the scrap bin!

Edith said...

Yup, sure is a cute kitty.

Janice Holton said...

I love it too!! Very cute! Where I can find this pattern? My daughter is a cat lover.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, that cat is just great! You'll have fun playing with all the colors with that block!

Ellen said...

Cute kitty!

The Joyful Quilter said...

The orange added interest to your YELLOW cat block! I am surprised by your attitude about using up those scraps. We are all SEW different! I tend to be a little sad when the last bit of fabric is all used up.

Jo said...

Love this exuberant bright kitty!

Far Side of Fifty said...

purrfect!