Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Working towards another finish


I'm busy binding - slowly.  This quilt was our Saturday Sampler from 2018, actually began in 2017.  I can't remember exactly how many months this one extended over but we ended up with a lot of beautiful blocks.  We were encouraged to "shop our stash" for this one so I did that for the blocks themselves.  I pulled black and whites and lots of brights.  

Once I decided to set the blocks on point I did have to buy a few new prints for those alternating blocks because I didn't have enough large enough pieces.  And I bought the border and backing fabric too.  But the blocks were from stash.  I have one whole drawer full of black and white prints. And you know I tend to gravitate toward bright colors, so this one was easy to shop the stash.


It will feel good to knock another UFO off the list.  This is a large quilt and I'm a slow binder so it will take me several evenings of TV watching and stitching to get this one done. 


5 comments:

Nann said...

The variety of b/w for the alternate blocks enhance the scrappy/bright blocks. Congratulations on an almost-finish!

LA Paylor said...

congrats to you, I just keep making more ufo's! I still like most all of them but there's always another squirrel to chase.
LeeAnna

cityquilter grace said...

pretty color choices...

Tired Teacher said...

❤️ this quilt and the contrasting fabrics.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice blocks! :)