Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The morning after


We got 5 or 6" of fresh snow last night.  The sky was still very grey when I took this photo, but now the sun is trying to come out. The snowplow has just come through our street and my husband is out with the snowblower opening up our driveway and sidewalks. It's pretty, but I'm really sick of winter this year. Like everyone.  We've had such bitter cold this year.  We better enjoy the sunshine today because it sounds like another system is coming through Friday-Sunday.  

Do you suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder?  I do and really struggled with it last winter and am  struggling again this winter.  Sunshine definitely helps even when it's very very cold outside. Maybe that is why I like bright colors so much when I'm sewing.


4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Oh my, the storm dumped lots of fluffy stuff in your area. It's a good thing it missed me because the wind is howling today. Wind chill is brutal.

Ramona said...

We have not had nearly the snow you've had, but had more yesterday, too. I, too, am ready for warmer weather and spring. I hope the sunshine lasted all day yesterday.

Far Side of Fifty said...

We try to get out everyday especially days the sun shines...which isn't often. I am real tired of snow too...but more is coming! Keep sewing:)

woolyjooly said...

S.A.D. really kicking my butt too.