Pages

Monday, February 25, 2019

Design Wall Monday: Squared Away


The hard part of my RSC18 Squared Away quilt is done - all of the sashing and cornerstones. This center section is currently 60” x 72”.  I have enough of the white jelly roll left to add a narrow inner border, but I feel like it needs an outer border too.  But what color do I choose?  Or maybe I can find a great print with lots of these colors in it.

Check out Design Wall Monday: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Ramona said...

This looks so nice! I'd opt for a multi-colored fabric for the outer border. Maybe polka dots! :)

Churn Dash said...

At the shop last week they were trying to pick a binding for a very busy quilt. I didn't really like any of the options that they had out. Later I saw they found one with lots of colours in it, I thought it was a great option even though I wouldn't have thought of it myself.

Hopefully you will find the perfect print. And Ramona's comment made me laugh.

What size blocks are they? I thought they looked 12", but the centre would be bigger with sashing.

Helen

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful quilt - I ❤️ all the colors. I think you're right, it needs an outer border to bring it all together.

Mary Johnson said...

It’s beautiful!!! I’m not sure I’d put an inner white border ... the sashed border kind of already checks that box. I’d either finish it off with a scrappy binding just as it is if the size is OK or just add one framing border.

Alison V. said...

It looks great! :D

PaintedThread said...

So pretty. Great colors and blocks.