Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Fat Quarter Frenzy


I have a fondness for fat quarters.  OK, maybe it's more like an obsession.  But I do have a difficult time resisting them. And The Pin Cushion had an event last Friday showcasing them called Fat Quarter Frenzy.  Fat quarters for $1.50 each. Who could resist?  Not me!

Some neutrals always fit into the stash so there are 5 of them. I found some reds and blues for future Quilts of Valor blocks.  And then the rest were just pretty and called my name. 

How do you store your fat quarters?  I have a big flat tub that is just the right depth for me to line up the fat quarters on end and be able to see the colors easily.  But with this little purchase my tub is now packed quite full.  

Is there a rule that says I have to quit buying them until I use up a few more?  I hope not. 

3 comments:

Nann said...

Your stash, your rules! It's always interesting to see how other quilters store fabric (and everything else). I keep yardage on shelves. I sort fat quarters and parts of fat quarters by color and keep them in plastic boxes (sweater-size). There's a big exception that occurred last fall. I got a huge haul from a quilter's family that included 60+ FQs. All of those are in a big flat plastic tub until they sort themselves out.

cityquilter grace said...

good deal indeed...i have a tall bookshelf with most of my fabric on it...well yard pieces and under....most FQ size...stacked by color...so easy to pull out and put back making my sewing time easier....great deals!

Tired Teacher said...

Wow, an excellent deal! I don't have a lot of FQs, but those I have are hung, using clip hangers. They stay nice and flat.