Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Hourglass is complete

Hourglass was the oldest UFO that I've worked on so far and it's done.  That is cause for a celebration!  And this is one of my favorite quilts that I've finished recently. 


This 2004 Thimbleberries Club pattern was actually begun during 2004 making it 15 years old.  Yikes!!  It's made from leftovers of the other projects from that year.  I had 6 of the blocks done, and then it was set aside for some crazy reason. Luckily the pattern and all of the fabrics were in one place with those blocks just waiting for me to finish. 

I love the way those hourglass blocks are surrounded by the flying geese blocks to make a sawtooth type of border.  The original pattern didn't have the outer border pieced, but I didn't have quite enough of any one fabric.  So I pieced it and think it doesn't detract from the design at all.  It's queen sized, so it's large enough for my bed.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Bravo for finishing this UFO. I like the design and the fabric, and the pieced outer border looks great. Enjoy this beauty on your bed.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I really like that design! :)

Unknown said...

I think this quilt is just gorgeous! I have always liked putting a star in the sashing. What a great finish.