Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Block kits for Quilts of Valor

No real time to sew this week, but I did manage to make some block kits for a Quilts of Valor sewing day tomorrow.  Early morning insomnia hit me yesterday and I made use of some of that time.  There are now 9 block kits for the Bento Box blocks.  We have 8 already, and I have a note on the stack that we'll need 22 more to make a quilt top. So 9 - gets us partway there.










We have one full set of the Patriotic Star blocks ready to set into a top.  But like the Bento Box block, we have 8 more to start another quilt.  I made kits for 3 blocks.  Again, it's a good start. 


I'll take some of my fabric stash with me to the sewing day tomorrow and maybe I can make more kits while other ladies sew.  I'm hoping we get at least 4 or 5 ladies to come so that we get plenty accomplished.  We have 1 quilt ready to bind, and 2 labels to sew on as well.  



2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I’d be there in a flash if it wasn’t so far! I hope you have a lot of ladies attend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you make good progress, I would be of no help but I could press seams:)