Pages

Monday, February 24, 2020

Last chances for February goals

As productive as January was, February has been just the opposite.  There just hasn't been much time to sew, and when I did have time I didn't have the motivation.  But there is one last week in February to accomplish some things on my list.  


I did get backs for these 3 UFO projects and take them to be quilted. No actual sewing involved but progress on UFOs.  Eventually I'll have lots of things to bind. The Batik Stars quilt (far right) is fairly large and the purple/yellow one is about crib sized. And the pineapple block one is just a wall hanging.  I'm pretty slow at binding so it may take me until spring to get them all done.  


This morning I attached the binding to La Caribe, so I'll begin hand stitching it down in the evenings while watching TV.  This was one of my goals for the month to complete, but knowing what my week looks like I'm not going to count on finishing it.  But progress is progress, right?

My big goal for this week (besides binding) is to make my Saturday Sampler blocks, and to make more orange RSC blocks.  This month we have some simple applique for our Saturday Sampler.  It shouldn't take long to do if I would just get to it.  

I took some hand work with me this weekend, thinking I could get some of it done in the car and in the hotel.  Good plan - but not well executed.  I brought the EPP hearts to work on.  I had plenty of supplies with me - except for the paper templates to make those hearts.  I had enough for 4 hearts so that is how many I made.  


Goals for the final week of February:

** make 2 applique Saturday Sampler blocks
**  RSC - 2 orange Twinkle Star blocks
**  RSC - some (?) orange Diamond Tile blocks
** hand stitch at least one side of La Caribe binding


2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you have a good week for finishes... :)

woolyjooly said...

Good for you, finishing those UFOs. I LOVE each your 3 projects, up top.