Pages

Monday, February 3, 2020

Design Wall Monday - playing with orange


On Friday evening I dug into the orange scraps to see what I had to work with for my February RSC projects.  And there wasn’t much to choose from.  But I did manage to make a couple of string blocks and a couple of the chandelier blocks.  


I really didn’t realize how seldom I use orange, until I looked for scraps.  Even the stash drawers didn’t have much, except for in my Halloween drawer.  I may have to buy a couple of fat quarters to make my other orange blocks.  And that kind of defeats the purpose of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Check out more design walls at:  https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


3 comments:

Linda in Calif. said...

Orange is a color that usually only a little bit is needed in a block. I do love the chandelier blocks.

Julierose said...

I never had much orange until my eldest grandson told me it was his favorite color and I wanted to make him a going away to college quilt for his dorm...so i have quite a few cut offs to play with..
your blocks are really pretty..so warm looking...hugs, julierose

Rose said...

Oh, my...I love these....if you lived close I could let you have a few scraps if you just needed a bit for a couple blocks. I collect oranges. I am working part of the time on an orange project now. and have made 3 sets of pumpkin placemats in the past.