Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Time to sew - finally


There were more choices in orange than I originally thought, but I had to dig deeply to find them.  


I was gone last week from Monday afternoon through Sunday afternoon, so there wasn't any time at all for sewing.  Training and "annual" staff meetings were on the calendar, followed by the annual employee party on Saturday night.  The party was pizza and bowling, and staff was encouraged to bring their family.  Our kids and grand-kids came and had some fun.  But I was going through a bit of withdrawal from sewing. 

So - it was extra nice to have Monday off yesterday after an especially busy week.  I finally got to spend a couple of hours sewing after the hubbie left on a road trip for work.   Two new orange gingham blocks were added to my RSC collection.  And I also managed to make 2 blocks for Harvest Road, which I'll show off tomorrow.  


Now it's time to go get a much overdue haircut and color. Then back to work this afternoon again. 


9 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The orange is lovely it goes really nice with the green blocks! Bright and colorful!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The simplicity of these blocks adds to their appeal. I’m happy that you got some time to stitch yesterday.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great blocks, bright colors. Your orange fabrics are beautiful

maggie fellow said...

great blocks

The Joyful Quilter said...

Time away from the sewing room certainly does make us crave needle and thread, doesn't it? You found some lovely ORANGE scraps and those RSC blocks turned out great!!

Jenny said...

Your gingham blocks look wonderful, I've never seen this design before.

Kathy S. said...

Your orange blocks look gorgeous with the green blocks. I have several of those fabrics in my scrap stash. Happy sewing. Hope your color comes out well.

Cathy said...

Oh, that's a fun block. I don't believe I've seen that one before. I love gingham! Made a few shirts and dresses out of it back in the clothes sewing days.

grammajudyb said...

Lots of yummy orange! I really like the gingham blocks!